Some History of BCHS
In March 1888, the first class to finish the course of study for Benton High School received their diplomas. There were 12 graduates. The school became known as Benton Township High School in 1909. At that time, there were 73 students enrolled in grades 9 through 12. The school was located in the same space of the current practice football field.
In 1942, the school district built what is now known as the East Gym. In 1949, the school's name was changed to Benton Consolidated High School. The district began representing Northern, Eastern, Benton, and Ewing Townships and parts of Barren and Browning.
The construction on the school's present building was completed in 1973. The first class to complete all four years in the new building graduated in 1977 with 127 students.